Lexmark launches new brand and logo
Perceptive Software will go to market as Lexmark
Lexmark International, Inc. (NYSE: LXK) today introduced the company’s new corporate brand and logo. The rebranding reflects both the evolution of the company as well as its vision for the future.
- Since being spun out of IBM in 1991, Lexmark has been a recognized and lauded leader in imaging and output solutions that help people and organizations improve processes and reduce their costs. Lexmark’s award-winning imaging and output technology has continued to evolve as the world becomes more digital and connected.
- Today, the company sells its products and services in more than 170 countries, and is recognized as a leader in managed print services (MPS) by many of the technology industry’s leading market analyst firms. Lexmark has also acquired and integrated several strategic software companies since 2010, further expanding the company’s breadth of offerings to include innovative software solutions.
- Lexmark’s rebranding represents its successful and ongoing transition to a company well beyond its hardware heritage. Today the company competes in key growth markets that include MPS, intelligent capture, enterprise content management, healthcare content management, financial process automation and enterprise search – all focused on helping Lexmark customers connect employees to the most relevant information at the moment they need it.
- The new Lexmark logo evokes the clarity, value and durability of the traditional Lexmark diamond, evolving to an aperture, which represents the broader offering – a portal to insight, a means of focus. The green palette is fresh, vibrant and approachable, representing Lexmark’s strength, focus on sustainability and growth as well as our commitment to earning “customers for life.” The new typeface lends a modern, clean look and features angles that precisely reflect the aperture.
- Lexmark’s new tagline is, “Open the possibilities”. This tagline invites customers to engage with Lexmark to open up greater opportunities for success with our broader technology and solutions portfolio.
- While the brand, tagline and logo have changed to better represent what the company is today, Lexmark’s value proposition remains the same – our combination of key technology ownership, exceptional customer engagement and deeper industry expertise remains unique, and enables us to develop long-lasting and rewarding customer relationships.
- Perceptive Software will go to market as Lexmark, while its software products will continue to use the Perceptive name, such as Perceptive Content, Perceptive Intelligent Capture and Perceptive Search.
“It has never been a more exciting time than now to be an employee of Lexmark, and this new brand and logo reflect our enthusiasm and focus on connecting our customers’ information silos and automating their business processes,” said Paul Rooke, Lexmark’s chairman and chief executive officer. “Our brand transformation better represents where the company is today and our vision for the future.
“Lexmark remains committed to creating ‘customers for life’, as has been the case for the past 24 years, but this new representation of Lexmark clearly shows that we are changing as a company by expanding our technology offerings, pushing into new markets, and providing a ‘true north’ for employees as the company continues to evolve and innovate,” Rooke added.